Friday, September 13, 2013

RP3 and things to look forward to

Good morning! How was your week?!

My week has been pretty great but I know it's time for the weekend. 

I ran 4 miles this morning in the glorious 60 degree weather, as opposed to the recent triple digit weather.

I woke up, ate a bowl of Cheerio's and hit the road. After returning, I ate my favorite post-run snack:
Every runner is different in the matter of what refuels them after a run. Some runners cringe at the thought of eating after a run, others can't stuff down calories fast enough. As mentioned in an early post, the hour or so after a run (long runs especially), is a critical period for nutrition and hydration. Meaning: your body desperately needs calories to refuel it and to help repair the muscles and tendons you did a number on while running.

My post-workout snack of choice right now is a banana, a tall glass of chocolate milk, and a scoop of crunchy peanut butter. It's the best. What's your post-workout snack of choice?

While I love to run just for fun, it's fun to run with a purpose. Running with a purpose gives your mind a place to wander to during your workout. Right now there are three things I'm focusing on when running:

1. Race Against Breast Cancer - next Saturday 9/21. I'm running this with a good friend of mine.
2. Intramural volleyball - I'm playing on a Co-ed Zeta Tau Alpha/Kappa Sigma team plus my boyfriend
3. PowderPuff football - I've always loved football and have never really got the chance to play outside of PE, but no longer. I'm in a tournament with my ZTA sisters against other sororities. Sooooo stoked.

Have a fantastic weekend bloggies, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment